Friday, May 12, 2017

Dad's Cooking Up Some Fun

Hi there, I know Mother's Day is right around the corner, but I am already working on Father's Day cards, so I would like to share this one with you featuring a couple of the Sunsational Stamps digi sets; King of the Grill and Love Bear (male)
King-of-the-Grill Digi Set
Love Bear Man Digi Set
Dad's Cooking Card
I started out by stamping a denim patterned background onto the apron in Memento Ink so that I could color over it with alcohol markers.  I used a dark blue, medium red and a cool grey.  Then I colored the bear with E37 and used a paper towel dipped in rubbing alcohol to dab the bear to create "fur".  I cut the bear apart, so I could put the apron on him.  I popped up his head and added the arms.  The grilling tools were added and the bottom of each tool was popped up to give it a little dimension.
Close-up of Grilling Bear
Inside of Card
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Please Like us on Facebook and follow our blog by clicking on the Follow Me button, so you don't miss a thing.  Head on over to Paper Canvas Creations for more inspiration.
Also, there still is time to join Sunsational Stamps' Ocean/Beach themed challenge.  Follow this Link for all the fun! There is some great inspiration there as well as PRIZES!
Happy Scrappin'

5 comments:

  1. Eileen, great card! Pa Pa Bear looks so dapper with his apron on! A real professional and so are you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bear and lovely colouring eileen, a great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Eileen. Interesting technique for creating a furry look. I will have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete